1. What is the lowest speed BTCL offers?
The lowest speed offered by BTCL is 64 Kbps.
2. How BTCL DDN connections are provided?
Generally, we provide local loop connections through normal telephone cable pair (DSL). The national backbone is a mix of Optical Fiber and Microwave systems.
3. What kind of modem is needed for
Point-to-point DDN connection?
You must have the following modems at both ends for DDN connectivity
• up to 128 Kbps- Alcatel 2753 Mainstreet HDSL DTU/NTU modem
• up to 1024 Kbps- Alcatel 2801 Mainstreet HDSL DTU/NTU modem
• up to 2048 Kbps- Alcatel 2902 Mainstreet HDSL DTU/NTU modem
4. Is there any discount for DDN Service ?
Discount is available for the following categories:
Accredited Universities, Colleges, Schools, Madrasa, Training and Research Institutes, Government/Semi-government/Autonomous Organizations, and non-profit research organizations shall get 25% discount on the rental charges provided that no commercial data will be transmitted over it.
2. Software incubators and parks under govt. control and private software exporters (earning at least US$ 100,000 per annum in foreign currency from software export) shall get 25% discount on the rental charges.
For 5 connections or more at a time, 50% discount will be applicable on Registration, Installation and Testing charges for those connections.
5. Can we terminate the
DDN to any PSTN
Termination of DDN at either end to Public Telephone Networks is not permitted.
6. Can we transmit voice over DDN leased circuit ?
Transmission of voice in any form is not normally allowed. This will need prior approval of BTCL and an annual fee @50% of the annual circuit rental shall be applicable.
7. How can I discontinue my service?
At least one month prior notice is required to discontinue services.
8. How is bandwidth for broken month charged?
For long term connection or temporary connection rented on monthly basis, any broken month will be considered as a full month.
9. Is there any provision for temporary connection?
10. What is the minimum charge for temporary connection?
Minimum charge shall be equivalent to 5 days charge.
11. Is discount applicable for temporary connection?
Discount will not be applicable for temporary connection.
12. Is connection between different organizations possible ?
Internetworking for general communication with other organizations using Leased Circuits is not normally allowed. It will need a prior approval of BTCL and an annual Termination fee of Tk 1,00,000 per termination.
13. Who are eligible for DDN connectivity ?
Point to point Leased line data connectivity is provided mainly to the organizations for internal communications between their different offices/industries/sales offices located in same cities or different cities. In special circumstances the connectivity can be given to connect more than one legal entity if they form “Close User Group”. The following entities can fall under “Close User Group”
1. Corporations/Holding companies and their subsidiary companies
2. Companies under the same management
3. Producers of goods and services and their wholesaler or selling agents.
4. Computerized Reservation System service provider owned by Airline organizations.
5. Shared networks of Banks for using Automatic Teller Machines (ATMs), Electronic Point of Sales or credit card authorization terminals etc.
6. Producers of same types of goods and services.
7. Travel agents issuing tickets of the members Airlines whose network they use.
8. Registered Financial Institutions working as depositories/Stock (security) manager/Mutual Fund operator and their agents and dealers.
14. Does BTCL provide Modem?
BTCL does not provide modem for regular connection. Modem is only rented for temporary connection.